be seized of
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To remain in consideration of a matter;
- To reserve the right to reconsider a matter, as in a deliberative assembly.
- Decides to remain seized of the matter
- Used in the resolutions of an assembly, most commonly in the Security Council of the United Nations. In this context, it means that, while the Security Council is seized of a matter, no other organ of the United Nations may legally take it up, as under Article 12 of the UN Charter.
- May also be written as "actively seized of" with identical meaning.