Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: be sick.
- I am sick today, so can't come to work.
- (informal) to vomit
- The dog's been sick all over the carpet.
- 2011 December 14, Steven Morris, “Devon woman jailed for 168 days for killing kitten in microwave”, in Guardian:
- The court was told Robins had asked if she could use the oven to heat some baby food for her child. Knutton heard a loud popping noise "like a crisp packet being popped" coming from the kitchen followed by a "screeching" noise. When she saw what had happened to the kitten she was sick in the sink.
to be ill
vomit — see vomit