Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: beagán
beagan m (genitive singular beagain, no plural)
- a few, a small number
- beagan mhionaidean ― a few minutes
- an ceann beagain làithean ― at the end of a few days
- a little, a small amount, bit, a bit
- beagan uisge ― a little water
- beagan bìdh ― a bit of food
- Followed by the genitive case, de and the dative case, or a prepositional pronoun derived from de:
- beagan ime / beagan de dh'ìm ― a small amount of butter
- beagan dhinn ― a few of us
- Used where English uses determiner, adverb or pronoun.
- beagan chàirdean ― a few friends
- beagan dhiubh ― a small number of them
- beagan nas sine ― a bit older / slightly older
- beagan nas slaodaiche ― a little more slowly
- Tha i dìreach beagan is còig ceud meatair. ― It’s just a little over five hundred metres.
- Tha airgead aig beagan. ― A few [people] have money.
- Bha e doirbh airson bheagain. ― It was difficult for a few.