Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see bear, fruit.
- (idiomatic) To succeed in some task; to achieve benefit from a task or project.
- After several barren years it was good to see the trees bearing fruit.
- Many people had looked but it was unusual to see these searches bearing fruit.
- 2018 July 7, Phil McNulty, “Sweden 0-2 England”, in BBC Sport:
- Maguire, outstanding once more, broke the deadlock on the half-hour when another England set-piece bore fruit - Leicester City's powerful defender flashing a header past Sweden keeper Robin Olsen from Ashley Young's corner.