- The state or quality of becoming; becomingness.
- 1995, Ernst Bloch, The Principle of Hope:
- [...] was called founder, this memory which clung to recurrence and to becomeness, accordingly taught the most collected religion of extra-human repose.
- 2001, Anthony McElligott, The German Urban Experience, 1900-1945:
- Rootless, dead to the cosmic, irrevocably committed to stone and to intellectualism, it develops a form-language that reproduces even-trait of its essence - not the language of a becoming and growlh, but that of a becomeness and completion, [...]