Jump to navigation Jump to search
From be- + deck. Compare West Frisian bedekke (“to cover”), Dutch bedekken (“to cover, coat, overlay”), German bedecken (“to cover, top, overlay”), Swedish betäcka (“to cover, shelter”). Doublet of bethatch.
bedeck (third-person singular simple present bedecks, present participle bedecking, simple past and past participle bedecked)
- (transitive) To deck, ornament, or adorn; to grace.
- She bedecked her wedding gown with seed pearls.
deck, ornament, adorn
- English terms prefixed with be-
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ɛk/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English verbs
- English transitive verbs
- English terms with usage examples
- German terms with audio links
- German non-lemma forms
- German verb forms
- German colloquialisms