Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, intransitive) To make or become a foe.
2008, John Tarolli, Road Warriors:
- Take it from me; it is helpful to remain buoyant when identifying fish to befriend or "befoe."
- (transitive, intransitive) To treat or behave as a foe; be hostile towards.
1874, Andrew Archibald Paton, Henry Beyle (otherwise de Stendahl):
- What will the great coming Russian revolution do? Will it destroy the aristocracy, as in France, or will it leave it standing? Will it befriend or befoe the large non-Russian element of the western provinces?
1953, Charlotte Ida McDow Rodman, The McDow family in America:
- M. C. Witherspoon in the presence of each other Witnessed the due execution thereof. J. J. McMullan Sworn to befoe me this 21st day of Jan. 1842.