Jump to navigation Jump to search
intransitive (not comparable)
- (grammar, of a verb) not transitive: not having, or not taking, a direct object
- The word "drink" is a transitive verb in "they drink wine", but an intransitive one in "they drink often."
- (rare) not transitive or passing further; kept; detained
- And then it is for the image's sake and so far is intransitive; but whatever is paid more to the image is transitive and passes further. — Jeremy Taylor.
of a verb, not taking a direct object
- inflection of :
- Feminine plural of adjective intransitivo.