Jump to navigation Jump to search
- to free, set free (make free), liberate, deliver
- En svær mengde samlet seg utenfor fengslet og befridde fangen.
- A huge crowd gathered outside the prison and freed / liberated the prisoner.
- Jeg har sett hvordan folket mitt blir mishandlet i Egypt, og har hørt klagen deres, og jeg har steget ned for å befri dem.
- I have seen how my people are mistreated in Egypt, heard their moans, and I have descended to deliver them. (Acts of the Apostles, 7,34)
The suffix replaces the use of auxiliary words in certain situations, such as in the phrase gjøre fri, where be- replaces gjøre, but the word is essentially a synonym to the verb fri.