Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
beguilement (plural beguilements)
- The action or process of beguiling; the characteristic of being beguiling.
- 1924, Mark Twain, Mark Twain's Autobiography, First Edition, Volume 2, entry dated Tuesday, April 10, 1906, 
- Little by little Bacon got to beguiling out of Hill things to do, and presently Hill was furnishing him the things to do without any beguilement.
- 2004, Alan Hollinghurst, The Line of Beauty, Bloomsbury, 2005, Chapter 8,
- But a line wasn't feasibly resisted. He loved the etiquette of the thing, the chopping with a credit card, the passing of the tightly rolled note, the procedure courteous and dry, “all done with money,” as Wani said—it was part of the larger beguilement, and once it had begun it squeezed him with its charm and promise.
- 1924, Mark Twain, Mark Twain's Autobiography, First Edition, Volume 2, entry dated Tuesday, April 10, 1906,