Jump to navigation Jump to search
belonger (plural belongers)
- One who belongs; a member.
- 1997, John K. Hale, Milton's Languages: The Impact of Multilingualism on Style, page 156:
- While both are poets of exile, Dante is more of a belonger and less of a loner.
- (Britain) One who has close ties to a specific overseas territory, normally by ancestry, and is therefore granted certain rights.
- 1999, Yash P. Ghai, Hong Kong's new constitutional order, page 158:
- All British subjects (i.e., any Commonwealth citizens) born in Hong Kong were belongers.