Jump to navigation Jump to search
bidar (plural bidars)
- (slang) The ability to detect whether or not a person is bisexual by observing that person.
- 2006, Nicole Krista & Mike Szymanski, The Bisexual's Guide to the Universe: Quips, Tips, and Lists for Those Who Go Both Ways, Alyson Books (2006), →ISBN, page 131:
- Bi people hang in straight places a lot, and given that you are also bi, they will probably stand out to you in an indescribable, nonverbal way. And that, my friend, is bidar.
- 2013, Shiri Eisner, Bi: Notes for a Bisexual Revolution, Seal Press (2013), →ISBN, unnumbered page:
- Of course, not all bisexuals are recognizable, and many will easily defy the bidar, whereas others will appear to be bisexuals without actually identifying as bi.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:bidar.
- “bidar” in Martalar, Umberto Martello; Bellotto, Alfonso (1974) Dizionario della lingua Cimbra dei Sette Communi vicentini, 1st edition, Roana, Italy: Instituto di Cultura Cimbra A. Dal Pozzo