Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Billing
billing (countable and uncountable, plural billings)
- Amounts billed.
- Accounts receivable.
- The tracking of bills and amounts owed; the department within an institution or business that deals with the tracking of bills and amounts owed.
- (chiefly film, theater) The act or situation of including someone or something among those that make up a complete list.
- 2014, Nicolae Sfetcu, The Art of Movies:
- Actors that may have higher status in the industry won't always get top billing: if they only played a bitpart then it would go to the person whose character was the main focus of the movie.
- 2017 June 26, Alexis Petridis, “Glastonbury 2017 verdict: Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Lorde, Stormzy and more”, in the Guardian:
- When Corbyn finally gave a speech – in a stunning piece of billing that could only happen at Glastonbury, he appeared between hip-hop duo Run the Jewels and Southampton’s foremost R&B loverman Craig David – the crowd brought the entire area around the Pyramid stage to a standstill