Jump to navigation Jump to search
black coffee (countable and uncountable, plural black coffees)
- Coffee served as a beverage without cream or milk.
- Synonym: café noir
- 1966, Jacqueline Susann, Valley of the Dolls, page 305-306
- It wasn't enough. They'd be able to rouse her with black coffee.
- 2005, Mark F. Sohn, Appalachian Home Cooking, page 36:
- Boiled, percolated, pressed, or filtered, black coffee ranges from a light tea-like drink to deep black brew.
coffee served without cream or milk