Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Beverage
- A liquid to consume; a drink, such as tea, coffee, liquor, beer, milk, juice, or soft drinks, usually excluding water.
- He knew no beverage but the flowing stream.
- (Britain, slang, archaic) (A gift of) drink money.
More elevated than plainer drink. Beverage is of French origin, while drink is of Old English origin, and this stylistic difference by origin is common; see list of English words with dual French and Anglo-Saxon variations.
- See also Thesaurus:beverage
- Drink on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- beverage at OneLook Dictionary Search
- beverage in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Alternative form of