Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An American vulture species, Coragyps atratus, with black plumage.
2007, Amadeo M. Rea, Wings in the Desert: A Folk Ornithology of the Northern Pimans, University of Arizona Press, ISBN 9780816524594, page 101:
- In many Latin American towns, the Black Vulture is urbicolous, throwing in its lot with humans, taking advantage of slaughterhouses, garbage dumps, and fishing docks.
- A north African and Eurasian vulture species, Aegypius monachus.
- (Coragyps atratus): American black vulture, black buzzard
- (Aegypius monachus): Eurasian black vulture, monk vulture, cinereous vulture
Aegypius monachus — see Eurasian black vulture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked