blackfeller (plural blackfellers)
- (Australia) An Australian Aboriginal.
1992, Bruce Shaw (editor), When the Dust Come in Between: Aboriginal Viewpoints in the East Kimberley Prior to 1982, page 100:
- You see we were only like ordinary blackfellers. We didn′t know anything.
2007, Noel Olive, Enough is Enough: A History of the Pilbara Mob, page 143:
- The whitefellers′ Law said it was a wrong thing to get a blackfeller to leave his district and go elsewhere, so Clancy and his mates were gaoled ...
- 2009, Alf Barlow, The Two Rainbow Serpents, in Jeremy Beckett, Luise Hercus, The Two Rainbow Serpents Travelling: Mura Track Narratives from the ‘Corner Country’, page 30,
- They reckoned they saw a big blackfeller camp on one side. They made the creek deeper. They named the place ‘Gumbagunbara (blackfeller)’.