Jump to navigation Jump to search
bleating (plural bleatings)
- A noise that bleats.
- 1611, The Bible, 1 Samuel 15:14:
- And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?
- Inane or plaintive chatter.
- 2008, Wayne Errington & Peter Van Onselen, John Winston Howard: The Definitive Biography, page 317:
- Both men seemed to enjoy these contests, always laced with the tension caused by constant government bleating about the ABC's left-wing bias.
a noise that bleats