Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
bluenose (plural bluenoses)
- (informal) A prude.
- (slang) A person from Nova Scotia, Canada.
- (US, naval slang) A person who has crossed the Arctic Circle.
- 2005, Stephen J. Curley, Aggies By The Sea: Texas A & M University At Galveston, page 213:
- That summer the Clipper detoured north on its way to Norway so that cadets could be initiated as bluenoses. She passed between the Shetland and Orkney islands on her way to cross the Arctic Circle at Greenwich.
- (slang) A variety of potato from Nova Scotia, Canada.
- (slang) A follower of Everton Football Club.
- (slang) A follower of Birmingham City Football Club.
- (US, Australia) A trout cod (Maccullochella macquariensis)
- (US, UK, Australia, New Zealand) Antarctic butterfish (Hyperoglyphe antarctica)
- (Australia) blue-throated wrasse (Notolabrus tetricus)