Jump to navigation Jump to search
blushing (plural blushings)
- The act of one who blushes; a blush.
- 1850, Charles Delucena Meigs, Observations on certain of the diseases of young children, page 159:
- In observing the phenomena presented in a case of tubercular meningitis or acute hydrocephalus, one will scarce ever fail of noticing the repeated blushings or suffusions of face in the now insensible or lethargic patient.
- Showing blushes; rosy red.
- the blushing bride
- The dappled pink and blushing rose.