bottom of the barrel
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (figuratively) The position of a person or thing of low quality or poor character.
- He went from being at the bottom of the barrel to being an inch above the bottom of the barrel.
- 2007, Robert Reginald and Douglas Menville, Forgotten Fantasy: Issue #2, December 1970, page 32:
- Here is the first new collection of Rohmer stories in years, and they are the absolute bottom of the barrel! Detective stories, romances, war stories — everything but the "strange stories" advertised in the title.
- 2010, Donna Wheeler et al., Tunisia, page 212:
- The bottom of the barrel as far as accommodation in the Ville Nouvelle goes.