Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -iːdi
- Apt or ready to breed, produce; breeding readily; prolific
- 1997, Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain: A Novel, Atlantic Monthly Press, page 219:
- All three girls now had gathered about the table to gauge his progress. Together they cast a breedy scent like that arising from dank beds of galax, and it overpowered even the reek of the strange meat.
- 2010, Lyndon Stacey, Cut Throat - Page 147:
- [...] he watched Stephen Douglas jump a neat clear on a breedy bay mare who went by the name of China Lily.