- An article built more robustly than its function requires; implies an element of indestructability.
- A person with a well-developed body.
- 2000, Shane Maloney, Nice Try: A Murray Whelan Mystery, page 75:
- Part Polynesian, part Melanesian, part brick shithouse. He crossed the gym with the proprietary waddle of a troll in its lair, […].
- 2001, J. R. Parker, Winter Kill, page 9:
- He felt like he'd just slammed a brick shithouse.
- 2002, Joseph Geren, Chastity's Virtue: A Michael Marcus Mystery, page 50:
- She looked really fine, a bonafide brick shithouse.