built like a brick shithouse
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Australia, Canada, Britain, US, New Zealand, simile, idiomatic, colloquial, mildly vulgar) (of a man) Having a muscular body, particularly with well developed muscles of the chest, arms and abdominals.
- 2012 January 13, Dallas Winston, “UFC 142 RIO: Rousimar Palhares Vs. Mike Massenzio Dissection”, in Bloody Elbow:
- With a nickname that aptly translates to "Tree Stump" in Portugese, Palhares is built like a brick shit-house.
- (Canada, US, simile, idiomatic, colloquial, somewhat vulgar) (of a woman) Having an athletic or muscular body; often implying also having large breasts and/or an attractive body. "Over built" for the purpose. More effectively, or handsomely built than is strictly necessary.
- (Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Canada, US, simile, colloquial, mildly vulgar) (of an object) Exceptionally well constructed; strong or tough.
- Generally used in reference to a person, but may also be used to describe cars, boats, buildings, games etc.