Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having buoyancy; able to float.
- (figuratively) Lighthearted and lively.
- I’m in a buoyant mood.
- (of an economy, business etc.) Involving or engaged in much successful trade or activity.
- 1964 September, G. Freeman Allen, “Interim report on the East Coast Route express service”, in Modern Railways, page 158:
- [...] the accelerated, high-frequency East Coast express timetable, operating this year in a buoyant economic environment, is beginning to attract more business travel to rail (although there is still a long way to go before the potential is fully realised); [...].
able to float
lighthearted and lively