Jump to navigation Jump to search
burra-khana (plural burra-khanas)
- (India) A great entertainment or feast.
- 1909, Rudyard Kipling, “The Education of Otis Yeere. Part II.”, in Under the Deodars (The Works of Rudyard Kipling), Edinburgh de Luxe edition, Boston, Mass., London: The Edinburgh Society, →OCLC, page 18:
- I found him, lonely and unbefriended, the very next night after our talk, at the Dugald Delane's burra-khana.
- 2008, Amitav Ghosh, Sea of Poppies, Penguin, published 2015, page 47:
- ‘Wasn't a man in town who could put on a burra-khana like he did.’