- Having a buzzing sound.
- 1988 March 11, Kyle Gann, “Music Notes: Nicolas Collins plays the radio”, in Chicago Reader:
- Collins shifts the slide, and the trumpet phrase gets faster and faster until it blurs into a buzzy pitch.
- (informal) Being the subject of cultural buzz.
- 2007 January 21, Richard Siklos, “Big Media’s Crush on Social Networking”, in New York Times:
- This time, my host asked me if I was part of LinkedIn, a buzzy Web site intended to link people with similar business interests.