Jump to navigation Jump to search
campaigning (plural campaignings)
- The act of taking part in a campaign.
- 2019 May 5, Danette Chavez, “Campaigns are waged on and off the Game Of Thrones battlefield (newbies)”, in The A.V. Club:
- And even though their numbers have been halved—that’s the unofficial tally given in one of the strategy sessions—everyone from Sansa to Daenerys to Varys is wondering who is going to rule over which pile of smoking ruins. That’s when the campaigning begins, much to Jon and Dany’s chagrin.
- (Can we date this quote by Thomas Carlyle and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- He has had crosses and losses; terrible campaignings against the Turk in old times, and always such a stock of quarrels at home as must have been still worse to bear.