Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The state of being a candidate.
- 1844, Epes Sargent, The Life and Public Services of Henry Clay:
- Let it be borne in mind, moreover, that since the period of his last candidacy he has rendered the most memorable services to the country
- 2002, Allan H. Keith, Turbulent Times
- However, this almost certainly happened because of the third party candidacy of former Republican President Theodore Roosevelt
- 1984, Kenneth Meyer Setton, The Papacy and the Levant (1204-1571):
- Anyhow, if the opportunity presented itself, Requesens thought that Philip should support the candidacies of Giovanni Ricci, Clemente Dolerá, and Ghislieri, . . .
state or act of being a candidate