Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (mineralogy) A hard, reddish brown chalcedony; used in jewelery,
- 1952 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, carnelian, topaz, and jasper, chrysolite, beryl, and onyx, sapphire, carbuncle, and emerald; and wrought in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared. — Ezekiel 28:13 RSV.
reddish brown chalcedony
- carnelian Barthelmy, David (accessed 29 August 2016) Webmineral Mineralogy Database
- carnelian mindat.org, Hudson Institute of Mineralogy, accessed 29 August 2016
- ^ James D. Dana: Dana's System of Mineralogy. Volume III Seventh edition, revised by Clifford Frondel. John Wiley & Sons, 1962