Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑɹvɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɑːvɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)vɪŋ
- Homophone: calving (in non-rhotic accents)
- Hyphenation: carv‧ing
carving (countable and uncountable, plural carvings)
- (sculpture) A carved object.
- The carvings on the oak panels were ancient.
- The act or craft of producing a carved object.
- He took up carving after his retirement.
- My father is an expert in carving, so we let him handle Christmas dinner.
the object produced
- present participle of carve
- (snowboarding) Executing turns without pivoting.
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:English/ɑː(ɹ)vɪŋ/2 syllables
- English terms with homophones
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English non-lemma forms
- English verb forms
- English verbal nouns