Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Ancient Greek καταβολή (katabolḗ, “throwing down”), from κατά (katá, “down”) + βάλλω (bállō, “I throw”).
catabolism (usually uncountable, plural catabolisms)
- (biochemistry) Destructive metabolism, usually including the release of energy and breakdown of materials.
From French catabolisme.
catabolism n (uncountable)
declension of catabolism (singular only)
|n gender||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
- English terms derived from Ancient Greek
- English 4-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms prefixed with cata-
- English terms suffixed with -ism
- Romanian terms borrowed from French
- Romanian terms derived from French
- Romanian lemmas
- Romanian nouns
- Romanian uncountable nouns
- Romanian neuter nouns