Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: change over
changeover (plural changeovers)
- A conversion or transition from one thing to another.
- 1962 April, “The design of the S.R. electro-diesels”, in Modern Railways, page 393:
- Changeover from diesel to electric power can take place at any time while the locomotive is running and does not involve stopping the train.
- 1999, Rob Aben, Saskia de Wit, The Enclosed Garden
- The changeover from dank, winding alleys to the openness, light and tranquility of the garden is utterly unexpected
- 2004, Stewart Dalby, The Friends of Rathlin Island:
- The hotel receptionist added that the message came late last night. Unfortunately it had got mislaid with the changeover from the night manager.
conversion or transition