Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (geology, mineralogy) Containing chert.
- 1879, James Stevenson, Illustrated Catalogue Of The Collections Obtained From The Indians Of New Mexico And Arizona In 1879:
- Rudely shaped, of hard cherty rock, flat on the inner face, convex on the back. 2759.
- 1913, Charles Darwin, A Naturalist's Voyage Round the World:
- Its mineralogical constitution is not simple; in some parts the rock is of a cherty, in others of a feldspathic nature, including thin veins of serpentine.
- 1998 February 6, Chia-Wei Li et al., “Precambrian Sponges with Cellular Structures”, in Science, volume 279, number 5352, DOI:10.1126/science.279.5352.879, pages 879-882:
- It is represented by a phosphate-dolostone sequence in Wengan, where it is 33 to 55 m thick and consists mainly of dark phosphate, cherty phosphate, chert, and gray dolomite.