Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
chickenry (plural chickenries)
- Misspelling of chicanery.
1988, Pingle Jaganmohan Reddy, In search of unity and secularism:
- It is not necessary to advert in any detail to the chickenry adopted by the two Priests who cooked up this theory or the story leading thereto […]
1991, Iqbal Ansari Khan, The third eye: glimpses of the politicos:
- […] elaborate tissues of circumstantial falsehood, chickenry, perjury, forgery, are the weapons, offensive and defensive, of the people of […]
- (rare, countable) A hen house or chicken coop, a place in which chickens are reared.
1857, Maria Honetcombe, “Letters from la Ruche”, in Arthur's Home Magazine:
- Not "by the brook," as Halleck sings, but by the chickenry,
1980, Jyoti K. Parikh, Energy systems and development:
- The bio-gas could also utilize waste from piggeries, chickeneries and human beings.
1994, Samantha Weinberg, Last of the pirates: the search for Bob Denard:
- The chickenry next door, which looked suspiciously small to house a thousand birds, was also a complete wreck.