Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: child-like
- Innocent and trustful; credulous; artless.
- Of, like, or suitable for a child.
- 2019 May 8, Jon Bailes, “Save yourself! The video games casting us as helpless children”, in The Guardian:
- Even Mario is given childlike mannerisms – running open-armed like a fearless toddler, whooping with delight – to convey playful innocence.
- 1859, Barnard, Henry, Pestalozzi and Pestalozzianism:
- And on the other hand, fatherly and childlike feelings in the national spirit, are the sources of all pure national blessings.
- 1894, Lessing, Gotthold Ephraim, Lessings Nathan Der Weise:
- He certainly has childlike simplicity, and all the qualities which go to make up a true Christian character.
innocent and trustful; credulous; artless
of, like, or suitable for a child