Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 French
- Free from guilt, sin, or immorality.
- Bearing no legal responsibility for a wrongful act.
- Naive; artless.
- (obsolete) Not harmful; innocuous; harmless.
- an innocent medicine or remedy
- Alexander Pope
- The spear / Sung innocent, and spent its force in air.
- (with of) Having no knowledge (of something).
- (with of) Lacking (something).
- Lawful; permitted.
- an innocent trade
- Not contraband; not subject to forfeiture.
- innocent goods carried to a belligerent nation
- (free from blame or guilt): sackless
- (free from sin): pure, untainted
- (naive): See also Wikisaurus:naive
pure, free from sin, untainted
not legally responsible for a wrongful act
harmless in intent
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
innocent (plural innocents)
- Those who are innocent; young children.
- The slaughter of the innocents was a significant event in the New Testament.
- Rhymes: -ent
innocent m, f (masculine and feminine plural innocents)