Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chiroptera + -ologist.
- (General American) IPA(key): /kaɪˌɹɑptəˈɹɑləd͡ʒɪst/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kaɪˌɹɒptəˈɹɒlədʒɪst/
Audio (RP) (file)
chiropterologist (plural chiropterologists)
- Someone who studies bats (the flying mammals).
- 2001, Kathleen Meyer, Barefoot Hearted: A Wild Life Among Wildlife, Villard, →ISBN, page 88:
- Several years later, after reading three of his books on bats, I placed a call to the venerable chiropterologist Dr. M. Brock Fenton, known as the "batman" of York University in Toronto.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:chiropterologist.
- batologist (colloquial or humorous)
one who studies bats