Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
circumposition (plural circumpositions)
- (chiefly technical) The act of positioning something around something else; or the state of being so positioned
2007, T. Lim et al., “Factors affecting user performance in haptic assembly”, Virtual Reality, volume 11, number 4:
- Ho and Boothroyd (1979) studied the intraposition of a peg into a hole and the circumposition of a part with a hole onto a peg.
- (linguistics) A pair of adpositions that occur on either side of the complement
1982, Ehsan Yar-Shater, Encyclopaedia Iranica, volume 2, page 388:
- Ardestani has some postpositions: da "in," rd "for," and circumpositions: az.... da "from," pes... da "before," etc.
- The act of circumposing.
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition, 1989