Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of circumscribing or the quality of being circumscribed.
- Anything that circumscribes or a circumscribed area.
- (taxonomy) The definition of what does and does not belong to a given taxon, from a particular taxonomic viewpoint or taxonomic system.
- The circumscription in the APG system of the family Malvaceae includes the former families Bombacaceae, Sterculiaceae and Tiliaceae.
- An electoral district; used often in texts treating electoral systems in Romance countries.
act of circumscribing; quality of being circumscribed
anything that circumscribes or a circumscribed area
electoral district — see electoral district