Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /tækˈsɒn.ə.mi/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /tækˈsɑn.ə.mi/
- Rhymes: -ɒnəmi
- The science or the technique used to make a classification.
- A classification; especially, a classification in a hierarchical system.
- 2022 April 20, Mariella Rudi, “Tostitos Hint of Lime has zero lime – but it’s still the perfect chip”, in The Guardian:
- Very little exists in the annals of the interwebs about Tostitos Hint of Lime. Many nights I’ve sucked down crusty mossed fingertips and typed away in a green-out (like a blackout, but from eating too much Tostitos Hint of Lime), searching for a like-minded fanclub, historical taxonomy, or even a press release.
- (taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
- (science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms): alpha taxonomy, biotaxonomy
science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms
classification in a hierarchical system
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked