Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (gerund of clean) The process of making something clean.
- 2009, January 13, “Jane E. Brody”, in New Thinking on How to Protect the Heart:
- So good dental hygiene, with regular periodontal cleanings, can help protect your heart as well as your teeth.
- The afterbirth of cows, ewes, etc.
- 1844, Henry Stephens, The Book of Farm:
- The risk which the cow runs, after slinking, is in not getting quit of the cleaning, or afterbirth, or placenta […]
action in which something is cleaned
cleaning (not comparable)