Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any fish of the taxonomic family Anabantidae.
- 1997, Jeffrey B. Graham, Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation, page 54:
- Ananantidae. This family, known as the climbing gouramis, contains three genera, Anabas (1 species), Cteropoma (at least 25 species) and Sandelia (2).
- 2000, Ramon Folch i Guillén, Josep María Camarasa, Encyclopedia of the Biosphere: Tropical rainforests, Volume 2, page 157,
- The anabantids, or climbing gouramis (Channa), are adapted to freshwater wetlands.
- 2001, E. Yu. Krysanov, A. S. Golubtsov, Journal of Ichthyology, Volume 41, Issues 6-9, page 698,
- Eight species of the African climbing gourami genera Ctenopoma and Microctenopoma were karyologically studied using the air-dried method.