- (transitive, figuratively) To accumulate (an amount of time or experience).
- To become a pilot, you must clock up at least 1,000 hours flying time.
- (transitive, figuratively, Britain) To cover (a distance) over time.
- My car has clocked up over 5,000 miles in the last month
Common collocations include:
- sales 'The company clocked up 34 million dollars in sales last year.'
- other achievements such as medals or championships or victories. Often sporting achievements, but not limited to this category.