Jump to navigation Jump to search
See close quarter.
- plural of
- Very near proximity.
- They were fighting at close quarters.
- Four-to-a-room is living in close quarters.
- 1880, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Constance Garnett (translator), The Brothers Karamazov,
- One can love one's neighbours in the abstract, or even at a distance, but at close quarters it's almost impossible.
- 2020 September 5, Phil McNulty, “Iceland 0-1 England”, in BBC Sport:
- He was able to watch some of the younger players he introduced into the squad at close quarters and may be able to see them in England action once more against the Danes.