Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The property of being coarse, roughness or primitiveness, unrefined or unpolished.
- The quality or state of being coarse
- coarseness of food, texture, manners, or language
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 12, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- All this was extraordinarily distasteful to Churchill. It was ugly, gross. Never before had he felt such repulsion when the vicar displayed his characteristic bluntness or coarseness of speech. In the present connexion […] such talk had been distressingly out of place.
quality of being coarse