Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /kənˈvinjəntli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kənˈviːnɪəntli/
- Hyphenation: con‧ve‧nient‧ly
- In a convenient manner, form, or situation; without difficulty.
- 1749, [John Cleland], “(Please specify the letter or volume)”, in Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: […] G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352:
- his body was now conveniently inclin'd towards me, and just softly chucking his smooth beardless chin, I asked him if he was afraid of a lady?
in a convenient manner