- A species of bromeliad, Aechmea fulgens, of Brazil, and which is often used as an ornamental plant.
- American winterberry, Ilex verticillata.
- Symphoricarpos orbiculatus, of eastern North America.
- Ardisia crenata of east Asia.
- (American winterberry): black alder, black alder winterberry, brook alder, deciduous holly, deciduous winterberry, false alder, fever bush, inkberry, Michigan holly, possumhaw, striped alder, swamp holly, Virginian winterberry, white alder, winterberry, winterberry holly
- (Ardisia crenata): Christmas berry, Australian holly, coral ardisia, coral bush, coralberry tree, hen's-eyes, spiceberry
- (Symphiocarpus orbiculatus): buckbrush, Indian currant
American winterberry — see American winterberry
Ardisia crenata — see spiceberry