- Affording comfort and warmth; snug; social
- 1785, Robert Burns, Holy Fair - While some are cozie i' the neuk, / An' forming assignations / To meet some day
affording comfort and warmth
cozy (plural cozies)
- A padded or knit covering to keep an item warm, especially a teapot or egg.
- A padded or knit covering for any item (often an electronic device such as a laptop computer).
- A work of crime fiction in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community.
a padded or knit covering put on a teapot