crap + -ify
crappify (third-person singular simple present crappifies, present participle crappifying, simple past and past participle crappified)
- (transitive, slang, vulgar) To reduce the quality of; to make unfavorable or inferior.
1999 April 8, Mike Tortorici, “Re: Thoughts on the 3DO”, in rec.games.video.3do, Usenet:
- If they would've made Gex 2 with the same style as the original, instead of crappifying it a la Crash Bandicoot, it would've sold huge amounts.
2002 November 29, CaVeDoG, “Some screenshots”, in alt.games.diablo, Usenet:
- I didn't crop or crappify any of the pics so it might take a while to load (for those of you that don't get an access error or something).
2008 April 6, Richard Brooks, “Re: Olympic Torch Relay... TV picture”, in uk.media.tv.misc, Usenet:
- Picture signal break-up is such a corner stone of the public viewing of active events, if they Steadycam the whole thing they'd have to crappify it in post-production.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:crappify.